Monday, April 20, 2009

I neglect, because I stress.

My wonderful cousin, a great cook, demanded that I update the blog. Unfortunately, I have been suffering from a whirlwind of chaotic academic life. Since the last post, I spoke at two conferences, taught my adorable students, visited the homeland, and started preparing for the end of the semester with 5 more papers to go. I will be sure to be better at adding in the future.

Until then,
In high school, all track meets began with my mother's tortellini recipe. Post-college, this is the meal that got me through borderline starvation, which involved stealing the ingredients from my parents. Shhh! they will never know. It is an easy and tasty way to carb up before a good run, and a low stress date dinner, which A. thinks is classy cooking.

This is not the healthiest meal, but serve with a side salad of Italian blend, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, onions, and pine nuts.

V. N. S. Tortellini
  • 1 package of premium tortellini or ravioli (Italian Store in Arlington has great stuff!)
  • 1 cup of heavy cream
  • 1 tb butter
  • 1 tb nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup of romano cheese
  • salt and pepper

1. Boil the tortellini
2. Drain it, and toss it back in the saucepan
3. Cover the bottom of the pan (and part of the tortellini) with cream
4. Toss in the butter, nutmeg, salt, and pepper
5. Turn the heat back on, let it simmer until it boils, then immediately turn the heat off.
6. Add the romano cheese, mix in together.

It is best to actually let it sit for a minute, the sauce blends wonderfully. Serve with the salad on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment