Wednesday, February 10, 2010

SNOW-brunch

When dealing with a pregnant lady, it is important to understand the necessity of a full brunch. We started this pregnancy with weekly visits to the Arlington legend Bob and Edith's-- the only place that would satiate my morning sickness, and where we had our first dates eight years ago. Although I miss getting teased by the waiters for my appetite, as well as reading through baby name books in a booth with A, we now do brunch every weekend at home. The standards have not changed. I don't cook brunch, I have to give A. full credit here. Although it takes a team of people to drag him out of bed, he is the chef, and I am just the line cook in the morning. Today, a Wednesday, we got to have a special brunch because of the third blizzard this winter.


Being snowed in this week, we have handled it beautifully. We did not have a single lazy day. Avoiding cabin fever forced us to do projects around the house that have been put off since we moved in four years ago. We painted a china cabinet, rehung pictures, reupholstered a chair, tore down the laundry room storage cabinets, and re-organized every closet, drawer, and cabinet. The nursery is ready, hospital bag packed, and my grading is well on its way. However, once I finish grading, we might be in trouble...

No comments:

Post a Comment