Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day


We made some egg toast this morning, but modified for Valentines day. Often, tv chefs use this as a way to make eggs interesting for children, which makes me laugh, because I didn't know children were afraid of eggs (clearly, we are in trouble if this is the case....). I told A. I would have loved this as a kid, just ask my mom about us demanding Mickey Mouse shaped sandwiches. A. looked up, laughed, and said he wasn't so sure that I should be speaking in past tense. True, very true.

Easy Heart Shaped Eggs:
Spray the pan with Pam, Lay a piece of bread in the pan, and let it toast on the stove. Next, flip it once it browned. Cut a hole with a cookie cutter, like our heart shaped one, and feel free to butter and jam the interior heart. Next, crack an egg into the heart shaped hole, and let it cook inside. Once the egg is fried, flip for good measure. Serve with fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment